Health & Safety
At CTL We believe that safety is more than just not having accidents, and that health is more than just not being unwell or in pain. We believe that health and safety is about our ability to enjoy our work while meeting the every-day challenges we are faced with. We strive not only to steer clear of accidents, injuries and ill-health, but also to identify what we do really well, and encourage and improve these things for the benefit of everyone. Health and safety is not an extra; it’s what we do to stay in business.
Health and safety is part of our self-image and who we are. We understand what the biggest dangers are in our work, and we treat them with respect. We strive to keep these dangers front of mind when we make decisions every day about how to do our work, and how to balance being efficient with being careful.
Management will lead the way. We will:
- Always put health and safety on an equal footing with other business drivers when we make decisions
- Stay personally involved by visiting work sites regularly
- Identify the biggest dangers of our work and work out how to they must be managed
- Provide the training, information, instruction and supervision for our people to do their jobs well while understanding and appreciating the dangers
- Welcome all reports, both good and bad, and strive to learn and improve our business as a result
- Support employees to return quickly and safely to work after absence
Good health and safety needs team effort. We invite you to join us on the journey:
- Take responsibility for your own decisions and actions
- Look out for others in our workplace including all contractors, customers and visitor
- Report any hazards, injuries, illness, unsafe practices, rules that don’t work and anything else we can improve without fear or delay, so that we can all learn and share the learning
- Co-operate with any training, instructions and procedures we provide.
CTL are committed to upholding a safe and healthy working environment for the protection and well-being of all employees and visitors that enter our workplace.
We are committed to continuously improving the Health and safety standards within Central Transport Ltd, recognising that consultation and participation of our employees is an important part of this process.
Health and safety is the responsibility of every employee. Everyone is expected to act in the safest possible way to avoid all accidents or incidents which may cause personal injury, property damage or loss of any kind.
All managers are responsible for ensuring that safe operations occur within their divisions of the business, keeping in line with the companies’ health and safety policies, practising safe procedures and meeting all legislative requirements, and ensuring they are understood.
All employees are expected to act in a safe manner at all times to not only ensure their own wellbeing but also that of fellow workmates and others in the workplace.
A positive attitude towards Health and Safety by all employees is vital to the success of Central Transport’s objectives to provide a safe and healthy working environment.
Central Transport will ensure safety of employees by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is maintained to the highest standard and is in safe working order
- Ensure that employees are not exposed to unnecessary hazards
- Ensure that there is adequate emergency and evacuation procedures in place
We will achieve this by:
- Identifying and controlling hazards in the workplace.
- Take all practicable to eliminate, isolate or minimise these hazards to prevent injury or damage
- Keep employees well informed of these hazards and what controls have been put in place
- Ensure all employees receive adequate training in relation to health and safety
- Ensure all Management staff are competent in managing health and safety with in their departments
- All employees know the emergency and evacuation procedures
- Record all incidents and accidents, and take practicable steps to prevent them from reoccurring
- Constantly monitor and evaluate health and safety issues
safe and healthy working environment.